It’s time for a new look! Digital is forever changing with search engine updates, website trends, and evolving tools and features.It’s time for a new look! Soon, a new EDJOIN will be released with brand new features, including a personalized Resume Builder, Interests, Skills Search, and Suggested Jobs.
Web experiences are forever changing with search engine updates, website trends, and evolving tools and features. More exciting EDJOIN updates to come!
Important Note: This password is NOT your EDJOIN password. This password must be provided by the HR department at the district you are applying to and cannot be provided by the EDJOIN Help Desk.
Reset your password
Multiple tabs are multiple problems. When filling out applications, please close all other open tabs and windows or risk data loss. For longer responses, we recommend typing your responses in a separate document, then copying that into your application. Save your progress often.
Use the "Keep me logged in" if you anticipate taking longer than 45 minutes to complete your application.
Do not show this message again
Back To Search Results Page
Transfer Counselor at College of the Sequoias in Tulare County
|Date Posted: 3/15/2023||Application Deadline: 4/23/2023 4:30 PM Pacific|
|Employment Type:||Length of Work Year: See Job Description|
|Salary: See Job Description||Number Openings: (At time of posting) Not Specified|
|Contact: Human Resources||Email: LindaRei@cos.edu|
|Phone: (559) 730-3867|
Job Description / Essential Elements: Print
Salary: $76,888.00 - $101,371.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time Faculty - Tenure-Track
Job Number: 6189-f-01/23
Closing: 4/23/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia, CA
General DescriptionSequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. Sequoias Community College District provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career, and technical programs for our students. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, who are dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning, and who have a passion for student success.
Sequoias Community College District is seeking an equity-minded candidate to fill a full-time, Transfer Counselor tenure-track position beginning August 2023.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY:
Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and values candidates who have the ability to serve students from diverse academic, cultural, socioeconomic, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds, as well as those students who have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Sequoias Community College District seeks to promote and maintain an environment that is built on mutual respect and free from discrimination by employing faculty members who are equity-minded, collegial, and guided by their dedication to helping students achieve their educational goals. Ideal candidates will share the Sequoias Community College Districts' commitment to be knowledgeable about and implement equitable learning and teaching methods appropriate to serve students from all backgrounds, demographics and experiences.
Job DutiesDuties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting educational, vocational, and personal counseling appointments for a diverse community college population.• Assist with recruiting and liaison with high schools located within the community college district.• Providing follow-up counseling services to students as stipulated by state and college matriculation guidelines.• Identifying and mitigating circumstances, which may limit access and success of students in college.• Interpreting standardized tests for course placement recommendations.• Develop, coordinate present and plan all events, in collaboration with the Transfer & Career Center Coordinator, including but not limited to classroom visits, college fairs, guest speakers, transfer workshops, and university representative visits.• Remaining current on new developments relating to programs for students within the California Community College system and University systems.• Participating in appropriate counseling and faculty/ staff meetings.• Identifying and encouraging students who choose or may choose transfer as their educational goal with emphasis on students who are underrepresented/under prepared in the transfer process.• Provide transfer counseling that supplements the counseling received in the general counseling department; handle complex cases referred by other counselors, administrators, instructional faculty, and advocacy for students regarding denial of admission.• Experience in working with mentor programs or community outreach programs.• Work closely with the Articulation Officer to ensure the accuracy of transfer information, expanding articulation agreements where necessary.• Receive and interpret California Community College and university updates through the statewide Transfer Center Director's distribution list and redirect these updates to counselors, staff, and administrators.• Attend and participate in Intersegmental committees, CCC Statewide Transfer Center Directors meetings, attend conferences sponsored by UC, CSU, and Independent college; Region 5 Transfer center meetings.• Recent experience in community college or secondary counseling/guidance.• Work experience which demonstrates the ability to provide services in a center involved in transfer activities.• Computer literate including counseling software such as Assist; word processing programs, etc. Knowledgeable in use of the Internet.• Knowledge of testing materials and interpretation of career interest, personality, work values and similar career-relevant assessment criteria.• Ability to participate in a collaborative relationship with students and faculty.• Familiarity with current career assessment programs.
• Work in conjunction with the Transfer & Career Center Coordinator and Career Services Counselor.
• Conduct electronic verifications of ADT's.
• Review TAG verifications.
• Conduct transfer application workshops.
• Work closely with the Career Counselor to assist in career exploration and job readiness efforts, which may include interpreting career interest inventory test results and consulting with students
QualificationsThe candidate must meet the following criteria. The degree must generally be from an institution accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges or the equivalent.
• Master's in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling OR• the equivalent AND• Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, social, economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Candidates claiming equivalency must demonstrate a combination of education and other accomplishments that are equivalent to the MQ's. If claiming equivalency, you will need to read the attached Board Policy 7211 on equivalency and prepare a statement documenting how you feel you meet the equivalent qualifications.
Note: If claiming equivalency, please complete and submit the appropriate Equivalency paperwork found at https://www.cos.edu/en-us/Human-Resources/Documents/Hiring%20Procedures/AP%207211%20-%20Equivalency.pdf#search=equivalency . Your equivalency paperwork must be submitted with your application, by the recruitment deadline. Please submit as a "supplemental attachment" within the "Attachment" section of this application.
Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations
• Must be licensed by the State of California as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Clinical Psychologist for a minimum of two years with clinical practice in psychotherapy or supervised therapy that perform psychotherapy as part of clinical practice in at least two of the past five years.
Note: Positions specifically requiring a California License as a LCSW or a LMFT shall be filled in accordance with such provisions (due to legislation, codes, or grant language).
• Valid California Driver's license.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:In looking at application materials, the Hiring Committee also seeks evidence of the following:
• Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.• Recent counseling experience in a community college or adult educational setting.• Knowledge of current requirements for transfer, vocational and remedial programs.• Ability to communicate effectively.• Ability to organize, plan, develop, implement and evaluate a program.• Knowledge of computer programs for teaching and counseling.• Ability to exercise a considerable degree of independent judgment, discretion and decisiveness.• Recent experience in teaching personal development courses.• Counseling and related experiences.
Application ProcedureTo be considered applicants must submit allof the following required material:
• Online COS application• Equity Narrative (included in the application packet)• Letter of interest (Cover Letter), which addresses the Desirable Qualifications. In this letter, we invite applicants to expand on strengths not covered in other parts of the application• Resume• Unofficial copies of transcripts of college/university work. (If transcripts are not in English, include a summary of courses and grades). Official transcripts are required upon employment.• Two (2) recent letters of recommendation addressing pertinent experience or equivalent competencies. If submitting confidential recommendations from a third party please forward letters to mailto:email@example.com. Please do not submit a reference list in lieu of letters of recommendations.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Norma Chavez at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org (559) 737-6237.The Sequoias Community College District is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to prohibiting unlawful discrimination, harassment, including sexual harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age (40 and above), religious creed, religion, political belief or affiliation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, mental or physical disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, childbirth, breastfeeding/lactation status, medical condition, military and veteran status, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. College of the Sequoias does not sponsor H-1B Visas
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4001415
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
4/23/2023 4:30 PM Pacific
Number of Openings
See Job Description
Length of Work Year
See Job Description